PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The protection of your privacy and personal data is one of our major concerns.
The purpose of this policy is to provide you with concise and relevant information about the processing of personal data carried out for the implementation of the Briatte Notaires website.
Personal Data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable person directly or indirectly (hereinafter, “data” or “personal data”).
Processing of personal data: any operation relating to personal data such as the collection, recording, extraction, modification, etc. (hereinafter, “processing” or “processing of personal data”
Data Subjects: any natural person whose personal data is processed (hereinafter, “you”, “your” or “data subjects”).
Data controller: a natural or legal person who determines the purpose and means of the processing.
Data Protection Officer: person appointed by the data controller to monitor compliance with the regulations, be the point of contact for issues relating to the rights of data subjects and cooperate with the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL).
Cookies: a computer file (tracing) stored and read following the consultation of a website, the reading of an e-mail, the use of an application or a software, regardless of the terminal used.
The notary’s office, which is responsible for the processing of personal data for external communication within the meaning of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, undertakes to implement appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
BASIS AND PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The processing of personal data is based on the legitimate interest of the data controllers in order to facilitate exchanges and ensure communication to the general public.
The personal data concerning you are processed for the following purposes:
- Ensure the proper functioning and improvement of the website, services and functionalities offered;
- Guarantee the security of the website.
- Publish content for the attention of the general public.
Additional services and/or functionalities based on the performance of a contract (or pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject) are offered.
The purpose of the data processing carried out on this occasion is to:
- Provide the online service relating to the management of the contact
- Manage the service allowing access to online payment where this possibility exists
The consent of the data subjects is the basis for the processing of personal data carried out for the purposes of:
- Managing the storage of cookies, except those necessary for the operation of the website (see section “The functionality of cookies used on the website”)
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the regulations, only the data necessary for the aforementioned purposes are processed.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIODS
The data collected is kept for a limited period necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned above. This is generally the time required to process your request.
The connection information necessary in particular to improve the website and maintain an appropriate level of security shall be kept up to 12 months after collection.
The information necessary to ensure the proper functioning and improvement of the site, services and features offered are retained for 10 years from the signing of the contract. The information necessary for the management of the service allowing access to online payment is only kept for the time of the technical call to this service.
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to achieve the aforementioned purposes, your data may be communicated in full or in part to:
- Legally authorised third parties (such as police authorities in the context of judicial requisitions);
- Subcontractors in charge of maintenance and hosting services;
- The Conseil supérieur du Notariat (French Notary Public) for validation and updating of URLs, as well as the list of offices belonging to the Club of Certified Members;
- Notarial bodies for the purpose of validating the creation of the Service;
- Domain name registration offices, for this purpose.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
Some processing operations are carried out in one or more countries outside the European Union. In the absence of an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission, this transfer is subject to an appropriate legal framework by means of standard contractual data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, a copy of which is available on request or accessible at the following location: https://www.ibm.com/tn-fr/privacy.
The data necessary for the compilation of statistics and audience measures are likely to be processed outside the EU, in accordance with the data management policy put in place by the data controller of each publisher.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Data Controller undertakes to guarantee the confidentiality and security of the personal data processed. It also ensures that subcontractors are committed to implementing technical and organisational measures to guarantee an appropriate level of security.
In accordance with the regulations, you can access your personal data. Where applicable, you may request rectification or erasure of such data, obtain the restriction of the processing of such data or object to it for reasons relating to your particular situation. You can also define guidelines for the retention, erasure and communication of your personal data after your death.
These rights can be exercised directly with the Data Controller or its Data Protection Officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you consider, after contacting us, that your rights are not respected, you can lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, the CNIL for France.
THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE COOKIES USED ON THE WEBSITE
When browsing the website, tracking tools can generate and store one or more cookies on your device. They may in particular facilitate your browsing (for example: storing your username), establish statistics and audience measurements in order to improve the website, and allow targeted advertising.
- Functional cookies are strictly necessary for the provision of the service expressly requested by the user and navigation (for example, adaptation of the display to your terminal, choice of language, access to a personal area, etc.). In fact, they are exempt from obtaining consent.
- Analytical cookies allow us to generate statistics related to the use, general traffic and performance of the website in order to improve it.
- Third party cookies for sharing content on social media facilitate the sharing of website content on the various social platforms. They are deposited via social media buttons. For more information on the use of your data, please consult the relevant social media data protection policies.
- Targeting “third party” cookies (advertising) allow you to offer personalised advertising content according to your interests.
LIST OF COOKIES USED AND/OR STORED BY OUR WEBSITE:
As part of the processing of external communication, we use various cookies.
The list of cookies can be accessed from a specific “Cookie Management” section available at the bottom of each page of this site.
For more information, please refer to the data management policy set up by each tracking tool editor (cookies).
You can accept, refuse or express your preferences with regard to cookies directly via the information and cookies consent banner that appears when you first visit the site.
It is also accessible from a specific “Cookie Management” section available at the bottom of each page of this site. You will be able to return, at any time, to the choices made previously.
Refusal of the placement of social cookies will prevent interaction with social media networks. Similarly, refusing the placement of targeting (advertising) cookies will not allow the display of certain multimedia content.
You can also manage cookies (deactivation, blocking, deletion) from your browser or device in the “Options” / “Preferences” menu. The procedure to follow is generally described in the “Help” section of your browser.
UPDATING THE POLICY
This Personal Data Protection Policy may be updated, at any time, based on changes in processing or as required by Law.